2011 in rear view
New year and new beginnings, but before I kick off the new year I’m going to provide a quick look back at what happened during the year that’s passed.
- Fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and begun working for IBM.
- Bought a car.
- Decided I needed a drivers license and begun taking driving lessons.
- Found shopping at eBay and bought some cool stuff and a new server, IBM of course.
- Became a proud owner of a DEC PDP-11.
- Had the opportunity to see a DEC TOPS 20 at University of Uppsala.
- Thanks to my new job at IBM I had the honor to meet a bunch of IBM System Z mainframes in real life.
- Got acquaint with IBM AIX and IBM PowerSystems servers.
- Had one of the rooms at home become my computer collection room (a.k.a. the computer museum) .
- Bought an old Rital server rack for my computer collection room.
Well, that’s pretty much the interesting parts of my 2011 and I hope that 2012 takes on the challenge to top that. However there’s one thing more important than everything else, I managed to not scare away my fiance and my friends by being my crazy self. Since I had them drive me around and carry my heavy computers I’m grateful they haven’t told me to fsck off.
As supposed even I have a few new years resolutions, some more private than others. Two I can share with all of you is that I’ll be working hard to get my drivers license and the other is the same as I have given every year for a long time and that is to learn something new every day.
At last, but not least I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!!!