I'm Amelia and I live in Stockholm, Sweden with my husband, my books, a bunch of old computers and a Cisco network. When not working I prefer to read books on various subjects or tend to my interior design interest by always having a project ongoing at home; wether it be redecorating a room or restoring antique furniture.
I’m a curious person and love to learn new things. I’m always up for a challenge and the only thing constant is change. I do believe that everything can always be made better.
Juniper MX, Juniper SRX, Juniper QFX, Juniper EX, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus, Cisco CSR 1000v, Ericsson SE, Ericsson SSR
IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, LDP, BGP, BFD, OSPF, VRRP
Red Hat based, Debian based, Slackware
Solaris, Tru64, AIX
OS/400, VMware, DOS, Microsoft Windows <= 3.11
Vim, Sendmail, Postfix, BIND, OpenLDAP, KVM
Nagios, Xymon, LibreNMS, Cacti
Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Confluence
Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat, Varnish, HAproxy
Shell scripting, Python, HTML, CSS
Mar 2017 - Present
Systems and Network Consultant
Sharing my knowledge and experience in network engineering and Linux/Unix administration with those in need.
Mar 2017 - Present
Network Specialist IoT M2M
Connecting cars, electricity meters, alarm systems and other things to Internet and enterprises over mobile and IP networks. Contributing with my knowledge in IP networks and gaining knowledge in mobile networks.
Nov 2014 - Aug 2016
Lead Network Engineer
Maintained and developed the AdTech network; a mixed Cisco and Juniper network with PoPs in Europe and Asia. My work included network administration, architecture, vendor management and RIR administration.
- Redesigned the existing network to provide full redundancy.
- Designed and proof-of-concept tested a Juniper based modern data center network using VRF Lite and EBGP as IGP.
Aug 2014 - Oct 2014
Qbranch Services AB
Maintained the internal support systems running on Linux based platforms. Including, but not limited to, systems- and network monitoring, CMDB, documentation system and password management system.
Mar 2014 - Jul 2014
Worked in-house with Linux and Unix customers as well as internal systems. During my short time at Fouredge I participated in projects regarding DNS and implementing a new Service Desk tool.
Jun 2012 - Feb 2014
Senior Systems and Network Engineer
LensWay / Lenslogistics AB
I managed Linux servers and applications including web services, name servers, systems and network monitoring and internal systems to support our infrastructure. My work included designing, maintaining and troubleshooting our mainly Cisco-based network infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented a Cisco Nexus data center network with Fabric Extenders and vPC to create a loop free fault tolerant Layer 2 topology, as well as making use of their FiberChannel capabilities for storage.
- Designed and implemented a Cisco based office network for ~200 clients with data and VoIP.
- Redesigned the web platform from 40+ virtual machines to 7 physical machines to improve performance of the web application.
Sep 2011 - May 2012
Systems Management Specialist Linux
IBM Svenska AB
Worked as UNIX technician within the Swedish UNIX team serving our customers needs together with delivery centers across the globe.
- Implemented RBAC (Role Based Access Control) and audit trail with sudo for machines operated by the Swedish UNIX team.
Nov 2007 - Aug 2011
Unix and Linux Consultant
Qbranch Stockholm AB
Worked in a small team of Unix technicians with tasks, incident solving, minor and major changes according to ITIL in our customers' server environments, as well as parts of larger projects.
- Responsible for web application and databases during a physical move of one major Swedish newspaper with no downtime.
- On-call for several major Swedish newspapers websites and other customers at the same time on a regular basis.
Jul 2006 - Nov 2007
Nordnet Bank AB
I worked mostly with Unix and Linux systems together with operation and maintenance of systems and network monitoring.
- Implemented Nagios for systems and network monitoring.
- Proof-of-concept tested VMware virtualization.
- Helped manage MySQL clusters with 20+ slaves.